Day 4: Stuffy Nose

Sleeping upright is giving me a crick in my neck and stiff shoulders :( I wonder how long I have to wait before I can have a massage?

Kids went back to school today so I had a nice calm house. Husband went off to gym and shops for a few hours and I took a lovely long bath which helped relax my aches and pains.

Still can't stand the thought of protein shakes so slurped down a soup instead which was MUCH better and felt almost like proper food! It was just a normal fresh soup, but I blended it and diluted with some milk to give it a lovely sloppy consistency. I drank it like a cup of tea - classy.

Still keeping up with the ice packs as much as I can. I bought three of them so I have a steady supply.

My nose is annoying me, it's very blocked and trickles with blood a lot. Grim. I have had 3 operations to remove polyps over the years and it's reminding me of that, you can smell the blood in your nose but are told NOT TO BLOW. I have decongestant drops which help a little and I've been using a baby nasal aspirator which removes the odd clot quite efficiently. I'm so glamorous.

Swelling: Left definitely less, right definitely more, am looking more even. There is a hard painful mass in my left cheek just by my nose whereas the swelling on the right is softer.
Bruising: Black eye and mouth bruises, starting to look a bit yellow under my chin
Pain: Need to keep pain killers handy for when I wake up at 3am feeling like my head is about to explode.
Mood: Improving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Appointment at Hospital

Signing on the dotted line....