Day 2: Sore and swollen.

Am now home and feeling quite ropey. When I woke at 2:30am I was very sick, then I suddenly felt a weird movement all over the left side of my face, starting in my nose then moving all around my cheek. When I woke again at 7:00am my left side was so swollen I could barely open my eye! Apparently I have bled into my cheek which is why it's so solid and swollen, but it's numb so not bothering me too much.

Still felt very nauseous and sore and the nurses insisted I ate something so I could take pain meds. This was really hard. They said I couldn't go home until I'd had something, so I reluctantly accepted a chocolate milkshake which I forced down over the next few hours. It did make me feel slightly better I must admit, my blood sugar must have been pretty low. My husband finally picked me up at lunchtime and took me home.

Although I really wasn't in the mood for visitors my friend called to say that she was at the hospital and could she pop over! She lives a good 45 mins away so I couldn't really say no, but it was actually lovely to see her, plus she brought trashy mags and a 'survival kit' containing lip salve, straws, nail file etc etc which was appreciated.

Loads of meds to take, all in liquid form which is highly unpleasant:
  • 1g paracetamol x 4 times a day
  • 400g Ibuprofen x 3 times a day
  • Antibiotics x 3 times a day
  • Heavy duty codeine if needed
  • Special mouthwash. 
This takes some organisation!

Sleeping on sofa for next little while to make sure I'm as upright as possible. I have loads of cushions and a big blanket so I'll be ok, I LOVE my sofa.

Managed a protein shake and some water (although not nearly enough) but to be honest my appetite is practically non-existent.

Swelling: Can't open my eye!
Bruising: Lots on left cheek
Pain: On and off, managed with regular meds and icepacks
Mood: Resonable, considering.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Appointment at Hospital

Signing on the dotted line....