First Appointment at Hospital

Had my first appointment at the Orthodontic department at the Queen Victoria Hospital.

The surgery was very busy and I had to wait about 90 mins before I was seen, which was slighty annoying as I hadn't brought a book, but never mind! I was seen and examined by a technician who assessed the severity of the miss-alignment. She pressed one side of my jaw and got me to open and close my mouth and she could feel my jaw clicking as it was closed. May also explain the tinnitus in that ear. She manovered my jaw closed into a correct biting position, and when I was asked to move my teeth into my current biting position I was quite surprised at just how far my jaw moved to one side! She took all sorts of measurements, and some impressions (a mouth full of vaguely minty play-doh - niiice) and wax imprints, and I was told to go for some x-rays and photos (damn, wish I'd put make-up on) and for now that's it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signing on the dotted line....