Am now home and feeling quite ropey. When I woke at 2:30am I was very sick, then I suddenly felt a weird movement all over the left side of my face, starting in my nose then moving all around my cheek. When I woke again at 7:00am my left side was so swollen I could barely open my eye! Apparently I have bled into my cheek which is why it's so solid and swollen, but it's numb so not bothering me too much. Still felt very nauseous and sore and the nurses insisted I ate something so I could take pain meds. This was really hard. They said I couldn't go home until I'd had something, so I reluctantly accepted a chocolate milkshake which I forced down over the next few hours. It did make me feel slightly better I must admit, my blood sugar must have been pretty low. My husband finally picked me up at lunchtime and took me home. Although I really wasn't in the mood for visitors my friend called to say that she was at the hospital and could she pop over! She lives a ...
I'm not happy. About 6 weeks ago I saw my Orthodontist and he told me that he was leaving. I was a bit upset at this news, apart from the fact he was a nice chap, he also had been with me from the start, always kept me informed as to what the next stage was, and more recently always squeezed me in for an adjustment every 4 weeks. Oh well, life goes on. A few weeks ago I had an adjustment booked, and was quite keen to meet the new person who would be looking after me. I am still really desperate to put some sort of time scale to the op; being self employed means that I will have to put suitable measures in place to make sure I don't miss deadlines, and childcare is always a big issue. I felt pretty optimistic..... First minor annoyance was that I had to wait for AGES. This was only annoying because I have been going for appointments for quite a while now, have never had to wait 45 mins before. I occasionally take my kids with me, frequently the appointments are just befo...
Comments
Post a Comment